Every once in a while I’ll see a movie that stirs a number of emotions in me. Emotions that make me laugh, get inspired, motivate me, make me think introspectively, and cry. Yes, cry. I don’t admit this to many people and because it’s dark in there no one can see. The other day we saw one that did just that to me, and if you get the chance, take in “The Blind Side”. It’s a true story and quite inspirational. I won’t go into detail and ruin it for you, but it did provide a wake up call that I needed. It made me realize how much I have to be thankful for, especially on this festive holiday. So here goes:
- I’m thankful that I was born an American because the wonderful things in my life are exponentially limitless, and otherwise they wouldn’t be even possible.
- I’m thankful for parenting children that are healthy, successful, and good people who personify the “Golden Rule”.
- I’m thankful for getting cancer and realizing how precious life is and not taking important things for granted.
- I’m thankful for my friends that I’ve cultured, for they make my life more full.
- I’m thankful for my siblings for they love me despite my shortcomings.
- I’m thankful for a wife that tolerates my idiosyncrasies, my arrested adolescence, and moods.
- I’m thankful that you read this and thought about things that normally, you may not have.